30 Acts of Kindness for Your Husband
Somedays I gets so busy around our home. Between two full-time jobs, preparing for the arrival of our first child, and maintaining our home, it gets challenging to check in with one another.
If we weren’t careful, we could easily become like roommates instead of newlyweds. Well, I’m not sure if we are still considered newlyweds. When does that change? Is there a certain cut off date?
Anyways, before we got married a little over two years ago I always knew I wanted a marriage that was an example of beauty. I wanted to ensure that Nick and I always remained close and best friends, no matter what life challenges were in front of us. Sure some days it is challenging, but I have found with some effort it is easy to keep the dating aspect of our lives still there.
Keeping the Dating Alive
When we were younger, we were 15 and 17 when we met, dating was just what we did. It was never a challenge to go out to dinner or to go on a mini-weekend vacation. It is just what we did, but then again our priorities were different. As I am sure you know, as we go older our priorities shifted from late nights to early mornings for full-time jobs. Our carefree attitude about household chores changed when we no longer lived in our parents home.
So as we have grown up I have always desired to keep the dating aspect alive, no matter what that meant. We both put in the effort to remind each other how much we appreciate and love the other one. We take the time to do the little things, even when we are tired or had a long day at work.
30 Acts of Kindness List
Today I wanted to sit down and share a lit of 30 different things you can do for your husband. Maybe you are still in that newly wed phase of your marriage and these things don’t take other. Perhaps there is a little distance in your marriage that has been created by the hustle and bustle. Whatever part of the journey you are on, I hope you will take the time to do all or some of these things for your marriage.
It is amazing what a difference a few little things can do for your relationship!
- In the morning or at night, put toothpaste on his toothbrush and set it on the sink. When he goes to brush his teeth, he will be pleasantly surprised.
- Make and pack his lunch to take to work.
- Start the coffee maker or Keurig. You can even take it a step further and get his coffee ready.
- Take the time to write a post-it note and stick it in his car. I like to include a thank you note for Nick working so hard for us or let him know how much I appreciate his hard work.
- Put away your phone, turf off TV, or computer while sharing a meal with him. Give him your undivided attention.
- Write an encouraging bible verse on a note and share it with him. You can also text it to him, but written seems to be more significant.
- Create a calendar for yourself with one act of kindness for each day. Follow through with 30 days!
- Take the time to make his favorite meal for dinner, with enough leftovers for him to take lunch the next day.
- Surprise him with a little gift! It doesn’t need to be extravagant!
- Sneak to his work and take his car for a quick car wash! Or you can take his car to “run errands” and you can have it washed while you are out.
- Make a gratitude list for him. List all of the things you are grateful for that pertain to him!
- Pray for him and let him know!
- Kiss him passionately just because! 🙂
- Buy his favorite treat and leave a sweet note with it!
- While he is in the shower, put his towel in the dryer. Return it to his hook so he has a warm towel when he is finished showering.
- Celebrate his 1/2 birthday! Figure out what day is 6 months from his birthday. This year I bought Nick balloons from the Dollar Tree to celebrate his 1/2 birthday. You can also have a cake made or ask the bakery to make half of a cake for you both to share.
- Ask him to take the 5 Love Languages Quiz so you can figure out exactly how to cater to his love language!
- Take the time to study the Bible and find new ways to honor your husband. I shared a post on Ephesians 5:22 and how to build up your husband here!
- Organize his dresser or his side of the closet. It can be as simple as organizing his sock drawer or completely reorganizing his side of the closet or dresser!
- Pick up a case of his favorite beer or his favorite bottle of wine and have it ready when he gets home from work.
- Surprise him with a picnic dinner or lunch at home. You can make stovetop s’mores and sit in the living room to eat. If sitting on the floor isn’t your thing, place a picnic blanket on your dinning room table and sever lunch/dinner.
- Create a scavenger hunt for him!
- Plan an entire week of meals to make for your husband. Have dinner ready or started when he comes home. If you need help planning your meals, check out this post where I share the app I use to meal plan with ease!
- Buy him a book he will love or research and download a podcast for him you think he will enjoy!
- Plan a secret boudoir photoshoot for him and make him a special book with boudoir photos of you.
- Print your wedding vows and tape them to the mirror in the morning when he is getting ready. Remind him of the promises you made to him!
- Get dressed up for him when you are going to dinner. Think back to how you would have dressed for some of your first dates or take the time to dress a little fancier for him.
- Fill up his car with gas!
- Make his breakfast and serve it to him while he is in bed or watching his favorite TV program.
- Do his least favorite chore for him and do it without any complaining!
Do you have something special that you do for your husband that is not mentioned on this list? I would love it if you would share it with us in the comments below. How do you show random acts of kindness to your sweet, significant other?